Therapeutic physical training
The human is a whole being where body and mind are closely linked, a symbiotic relationship which means that affecting one means affecting both. A healthy brain needs a healthy lifestyle that combines nutrition, sports, exercising for cognitive abilities, stress management, etc.
The intimate relationship between sports and the brain is scientifically proven, as well as the benefits in the physical and psychological fields:
- Improvement in the state of mind and mood
- Regulates stress
- Lowers anxiety levels
- Improves self-esteem
- Improves social relationship quality by increasing self-confidence
- Helps have a positive attitude
- Improves memory and learning abilities
- Reduces depression
- Helps recovering from mental disorders (anorexia, bulimia, addictions)
- Lowers the risks of having a stroke and improves the cognitive function by reducing the chances of suffering dementia.
Exercising increases the brain’s capacity by producing more neurons and increasing the number of inter-neuronal connections therefore making it more efficient and, encouraging learning and memory capacities.
Our interdisciplinary team members work together to analyse and create a personlised training plan.
Athletes' physical training
Every athlete needs an appropriate training plan created according to the sport practised and the athlete, but sporting success cannot be reached without conjugating 3 elements: physical, technical and psychological preparation.
Our work, as experts in high performance sports, consists of:
- Make an initial assessment where the needs are analysed, the strengths and weaknesses are diagnosed, and a program to enhance capacity and improve the low performance aspects is created.
- We plan and carry out training plans for amateur and professional athletes in disciplines like triathlon, marathon, trail, cycling, golf, martial arts, etc.
- Control and follow the training plan according to competitive schedules and goals.
- Assess the final results
The athlete will also get specific ad personlised nutritional counselling
On a cognitive and emotional level, we make a diagnosis, work with goals, use the latest technology used in sports with Neurofeedback/Biofeedback and the latest therapeutic techniques: EMDR and brainspotting.